The Foundation’s core objective is the promotion of scientific and technological research and innovation in Cyprus. The specific objectives and priorities defined by the Foundation’s Statute and the decisions of its Board of Directors are as follows:
- To monitor and coordinate the scientific and technological research and innovation in Cyprus.
- To identify appropriate thematic areas for conducting demand-driven research, taking into consideration the developmental needs of Cyprus.
- To provide funding for the implementation of research and technological development projects and innovation activities.
- To promote the participation of Cypriot research organisations in European research programmes.
- To evaluate the potential of organisations or individual researchers for carrying out research.
- To advise the government on research issues.
- To upgrade the infrastructure for research activities.
- To promote awareness of the Cypriot public for the importance of research in contemporary societies.