Τhe European Commission has just launched the “Green Deal Call”, for projects that contribute to the objectives of the European Green Deal.
What is this new Call?
At the end of 2019, the European Commission presented the European Green Deal promised by its new President Ursula Van der Leyen. This action plan aims to make the EU carbon neutral by 2050, to promote a clean, circular economy, restore biodiversity and reduce pollution.
One of the funding sources of this Deal is the current European programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020. The European Green Deal Call will fund projects that provide tangible and visible solutions to the priorities of the European Green Deal. The call is divided into 20 very diverse topics, ranging from biodiversity to mobility, energy and health, as well as citizen engagement.
For detailed information on the content of the Call and preparation in the formation of consortia, the RIF recommends your participation in the following events:
- Within the European Research and Innovation Days event over the following week, a virtual Info Day and brokerage event on the European Green Deal Call will take place on 23-24 September:
- Part I – Introduction: Open to an unlimited number of participants. From 14:00 to 16:00 CEST, tune in and join the room “EGD Call Info Day, Part I”
- Part II – 11 parallel presentations of the call areas: limited to 100 participants per session, on a first come first served basis. From 16:00 to 18:00 CEST, tune in and join the room of the call area of your interest.
- Part III – brokerage event with proposal pitching in 11 parallel sessions: limited to 100 participants per session, on a first come first served basis. From 09:00 to 11:00 CEST, tune in and join the room of the call area of your interest. Pitches can be sent from 18 to 23 September to the event website, and will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Part IV – Matchmaking. Meet potential partners during 15 minute “face-to-face” meetings. Applicants can enter their profile, and their partner offers & requests for each of the Green Deal Call topics in the matchmaking tool.
- Series of Virtual Infodays and brokerage events organized by Knowledge Transfer Network (ΚΤΝ), UK:
- Net4Society Virtual Brokerage Event: Social Sciences and Humanities in the Green Deal Call, 27 October 2020
- EEN Ireland, Horizon 2020 Virtual Brokerage Event on the European Green Deal Call on 13-14 October 2020
Who can help me;
The National Contact Points (NCPs) for Horizon 2020 in Cyprus can provide assistance and guidance. For information, please contact the RIF’s Horizon 2020 Helpdesk at 2220 5050 or [email protected]
NCPs CaRE, the network of Societal Challenge 5 NCPs, provides useful materials on its website. The NCPs CaRE Partner Search tool is available to facilitate partner search for all Green Deal Call topics. You can already register yourself but first, please read the registration information. Past entries in the tool could also be useful in locating possible partners.
The Calls for Proposals are expected to be available on the “Funding & tender opportunities” website from September 22nd. Further details regarding related activities organized by the RIF will follow through announcements on our website.